No two runners are the same, and neither are their goals. Set yourself up to reach yours by downloading advanced workouts and training plans to your watch from Garmin Connect. You can even customize your data fields, and download watch faces, widgets and applications all for free at Connect IQ. Garmin's Premium heart rate strap gives you a GPS watch that's almost as smart as you are.
- Tracks distance, pace, time, heart rate, and VO2 Max
- Connected features: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, audio prompts, music controls, smart notifications and social media sharing (when paired with compatible smartphone)
- Activity tracking counts daily steps, distance, calories and sleep
- Download data fields, watch faces, widgets and applications from Connect IQ
- Forerunner 230 GPS watch
- Premium (soft strap) heart rate monitor
- Charging/data clip
A built-in accelerometer captures distance and pace data when you’re running on an indoor track or treadmill, with no need for a separate foot pod accessory. Once you’re done running, it doubles as an activity tracker, counting your steps and calories throughout the day. It also reminds you to move after sitting for more than an hour. Forerunner 230 is compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites to locate your position quickly and precisely whether you’re running deep in the woods or near tall buildings.
Colorful graphic interface shows your heart rate zone and beats per minute at a glance
Concise, easy-to-understand charts, graphs, maps and more let you view your activities, track progress toward goals and wirelessly upload and share relevant data directly with the online Garmin Connect network. So, you can compete with friends or family members on weekly step or running challenges — and compare your results in real time, using the LiveTrack feature. You can also use the app’s wireless connectivity links to receive current weather conditions, forecasts and smart notifications right on your compatible Garmin device.